Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

Paul Bright books

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(25)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 8 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Paul Bright books
    Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:11pm
Last year for Christmas (2010 Christmas) my parents got my kids some books by Paul Bright and I've been meaning to tell y'all about them. The 2 we own are super witty, adorable pictures and storylines, and overall just great reads for little ones! We laugh like crazy at them!

Charlie's Superhero Underpants (Mary Beth, you HAVE to get this book for Charlie!!) - It's about a kid whose underwear blow away with the rest of the laundry outside on the line during a storm. He drops everything and packs a bag and goes off to search for his underpants, while first finding the other clothes that blew away. Since it's a kids book and they dont' really have spoilers, I'll tell you that he ends up finding his underpants being worn by a Yeti in the mountains of Nepal! LOL

Nobody Laughs at a Lion - It's about a lion who is prideful about him being the best in the jungle so his "sister" or possibly "mate?" challenges his to prove what he's the best at. Each time he does something new (climb a tree, sneak through the long grass quietly, run fast, etc) another animal who is clearly the best at that thing comes along and does it better but doesn't "laugh, because nobody laughs out loud at a lion" Tongue Finally he does find one thing he's best at though Wink

Anyway, I just thought some of you mamas might enjoy them as much as we do. Try to check them out at the library, or get them on Amazon, you won't be disappointed!
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7.5), Jeanine (5.5), and William (4)
Sponsored Links

J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(7)

Perennial Pinner
3 years 250 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2012 at 10:58pm
thanks for the suggestion Jess! :)
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 212 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:07pm
Off to see if our library has them!!  I'm always on the lookout for good new books.  I imagine these will make it onto our shelves at some point.  Thanks for sharing.
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
expectingnumber2 View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 212 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote expectingnumber2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2012 at 10:13pm
I knew his name sounded sightly familiar.  I just searched at our library and realized we have a couple of his books in the daycare.  They are ones the kids really enjoy too.
Michelle wife to Brian mom to DD1 (5/13/06), DD2 (4/23/10) and DD3 (5/8/12)   
 Post Reply Post Reply