Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Books and Entertainment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Children's Movies

What are you watching on Netflix/Amazon Prime

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
krisperry View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote krisperry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by musicmama musicmama wrote:

Is Walking Dead the one about the cop who wakes up in the hospital?  If it is, then I watched the series.  I never knew I was a zombie fan, until I realized zombie didn't have to equal horror.  If it's more sci-fi, bring it on!

Yep that is it!  I was surprised by that one too.  Of course it has some gross parts but it is much more sci-fi than horror.  
Kris, mom to 6

"Mom, say mad backwards" Isaac, age 7, said with a devilish grin

Sponsored Links

mrscakes View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mrscakes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by krisperry krisperry wrote:

Originally posted by musicmama musicmama wrote:

Is Walking Dead the one about the cop who wakes up in the hospital?  If it is, then I watched the series.  I never knew I was a zombie fan, until I realized zombie didn't have to equal horror.  If it's more sci-fi, bring it on!

Yep that is it!  I was surprised by that one too.  Of course it has some gross parts but it is much more sci-fi than horror.  

Interesting... we had this recommended to us and I hadn't wanted to try it since I can't hang with horror... but maybe I should try it afterall?
fancyoats View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(1)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 113 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote fancyoats Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 3:19pm
my dh LOOOOOVES walking dead.  he is all about zombie survivalism and preparedness though, so take that for what it's worth
Ariana, mama to Amy (6) and Roberta (almost 3)
bayspumpkin View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bayspumpkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 4:16pm
When we first got Netflix, I started watching Glee one evening & the next thing I know my dh was walking through the living room getting ready for work.  Totally forgot to sleep!  LOL

I tend to prefer to watch series more than movies too b/c of them being quick & done.  I really love it when I catch a show that has been running for awhile & I can get caught up on netflix or Hulu Plus.  
Did that with Glee, Warehouse 13, Dexter, The Office.  We ended up getting Hulu Plus to get caught up on this season's The Office b/c we just started watching it. I'm not terribly impressed but DH likes it so we kept it.  Right now we are watching Community.  I've been watching it all along but DH just started so I'm watching it with him.  I want to try out The Booth at The End (I think that is the name).  But I'll have to get in the mood for it, it looks like it might be stressful to watch.

Candice: Teacher mom to 4
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 200 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:08pm
Originally posted by fancyoats fancyoats wrote:

my dh LOOOOOVES walking dead.  he is all about zombie survivalism and preparedness though, so take that for what it's worth

Apparently I am too.  Who knew?  Actually I tend to go for the, "what would happen if there was a huge catastrophy?"
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(64)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 140 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 7:27pm
I have recently (within the last 4 months) watched all the seasons of these shows:
Bones
Psych
Just started and am enjoying all versions I can stream of Jane Eyre. Currently watching the 9 episode Masterpiece Theatre version.
House
White Collar
Lie To Me

I've loved them all!! LOL
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jan 2012 at 8:38pm
right now on ugly betty. have rosanne in the q too, ariana.

done greys anatomy, dexter, bones and now follow on tv. and monk, that was great.
I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
minneapolismama View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 113 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 9:17am
I am realllly wanting to watch Downton Abby!! glad to hear it was good.

Tess- I got sucked in by weeds and watched ALL 7 seasons Shocked it took me a long time but I loved it. I am now cursing the fact that we don't get showtime or whatver channel it's on because 8 has been on this year lol. 
Katie, mama to Alexander 2-8-07 and Maggie Rose 5-3-10 giada md
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 113 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 9:19am
My dh likes walking dead too! and he also watches grimm.

Oh, and dh watched season 1 of Game of Thrones on hbo, and I watched them on demand recently (he rewatched some with me) and I reallly like it! lots of killing though.. i can't wait for season 2 now. 
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 188 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 12:34pm
I didn't know that these were available on netflix but Detroit 1-8-7 is on there and it was amazing.  It shouldn't have been cancelled.  But they wrapped it up a bit on the last episode so it doesn't end on a cliffhanger and if you enjoy really well acted detective shows it is really worth watching.

Switched at Birth is a really good show.  Slightly teen soap ish (it is on abc family) but is well acted and is a great depiction of deaf culture and hearing and the issues that arise in friendships and relationships between the two.  The main boy deaf actor is amazing (and he really is deaf).  I love this show and am not even embarrassed to say it which is unusual for an abc family show.  There are ten episodes available on netflix right now and you can catch up with the current season on abc family and the most recent episode on hulu.
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
GoldenEmpress View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
3 years 199 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote GoldenEmpress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jan 2012 at 11:37pm
Originally posted by Nuttygirl Nuttygirl wrote:

Switched at Birth is a really good show.  Slightly teen soap ish (it is on abc family) but is well acted and is a great depiction of deaf culture and hearing and the issues that arise in friendships and relationships between the two.  The main boy deaf actor is amazing (and he really is deaf).  I love this show and am not even embarrassed to say it which is unusual for an abc family show.  There are ten episodes available on netflix right now and you can catch up with the current season on abc family and the most recent episode on hulu.

I've been watching this too!  It's actually far better than I initially though it would be.  So interesting to get a glimpse into deaf culture.  It certainly makes you realize how many things a normal hearing person takes for granted.
mmollett View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mmollett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 12:06am
Originally posted by GoldenEmpress GoldenEmpress wrote:

Originally posted by Nuttygirl Nuttygirl wrote:

I've been watching this too!  It's actually far better than I initially though it would be.  So interesting to get a glimpse into deaf culture.  It certainly makes you realize how many things a normal hearing person takes for granted.
OOOO EMMMM GEEE-I thought ABC cancelled this show.  Goodness gracious I am so excited!  I am so gland I found this thread now aside from dp I have a million of netflix hours scheduled to consume my time and do absolutely nothing productive!Tongue
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(5)

Perennial Pinner
7 years 113 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote minneapolismama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:19am
I have watched some switched at birth too- my dh actually walked into it a few times and said that he really likes that ABC did a show like that. 
Nuttygirl View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(14)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 188 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote Nuttygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2012 at 11:29am
My mom is an interpreter for the songs in her church in MD and she taught a girl at church that was deaf (we are friends with her family).  I took asl in college and so I have a little experience with asl and the deaf culture (had to read some books involving it in my class written by deaf people or children of deaf parents) and from little I have read and the articles I have read about the show from deaf people they are doing a really good job. 
Mom to DS1 1/06, DD1 3/08, DS2 10/10, and DD2 7/13 I need some kids to test a few pattern sizes on and also willing to trade for sewing jobs. PM me if interested.
HC in KC View Drop Down
P'incredible
P'incredible

Member Rating(4)

Perennial Pinner
5 years 162 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote HC in KC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 10:39am
Me:
Downton Abbey...omg, obsessed! I finished the season in 2 afternoons lol

DH:
24, only on season 2, and I think he's already getting tired of it.

Both:
Breaking Bad, just finished season 1, and it is great.
The Office UK, basically the US one uses the same skits, so it is boring
Louie, funny, especially the jokes about parenting, but probably not for everyone's taste here
Archer, Portlandia, and Weeds are in our queue but haven't started yet

ETA:
We've completed some great shows that I would recommend checking out.
The Tudors
Battlestar Galactica (the newer one, and we have the prequel, Caprica, in the queue)
Rome

Edited by HC in KC - 11 Feb 2012 at 10:53am
Holly
musicmama View Drop Down
P'inspector
P'inspector

Member Rating(12)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 200 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote musicmama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 11:08am
I'm in the middle of Battlestar Galactica.  It's actually pretty good if you like that sort of thing!  I took forever getting to it because I thought it would be cheesy.

I keep hearing about Downton Abbey.  Now I'm curious.
Christine
DS1-G (1/06), DS2-D (1/08), DS3-S (4-10) giada md
SEMama View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote SEMama Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2012 at 1:47pm
We don't have regular TV so we watch a LOT of netflix. Embarrassed

We've watched:
episodes of HIMYM
Dr Who (currently watching)
Raising Hope (love this show - currently runs on Fox)
Firefly (seriously, seriously the best show ever - so sad its only 13 episodes Cry)
18 to life (easy watching, two teenagers that get married, kinda cute)
Weeds (we were on maybe season 3 and I had to stop watching - she is such a bad parent, it started making me feel really icky Embarrassed)

We've watched a ton of documentaries and movies

Sara - on a break, loving on my amazing blessings

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123