Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Bubble Bubble Toil & Trouble
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: musicmama
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Books * DVDs * CDs * etc

Charlie's + Borax for prefolds and covers?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
laura1982 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote laura1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Charlie's + Borax for prefolds and covers?
    Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 6:16pm
Does anyone use Charlie's Soap and borax? If so, how often do you use the borax? Every wash? Every few washes?

I have GMD prefolds and Thirsties covers. Can I wash them both together with the Charlie's/borax combo?

Thank you for your help-- Baby is due in a couple of weeks and I want to make sure my washing routine is right!
Sponsored Links

stegmanjessica View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(62)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
5 years 190 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote stegmanjessica Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2012 at 7:49pm
I don't think you'll know whether your wash routine is just right until after you've been doing it a while, honestly. It all depends on your water (where you live), the pipes of your house, and how the soap you first choose interacts with your water. I used Charlie's with nothing at all from the time my daughter was 7 months old until she turned 2 and then it stopped working because her pee changed to toxic toddler pee Nuke I wouldn't add the borax right away because newborn pee and poo is so easily washable by CHarlies. The only problem that might arise is skin sensitivity, which some kids have to CHarlies. Good luck! 
Daughter of the Living God, Wife to my hard working hubby, Home Schooling Mama to John (7/06), Jeanine (8/08), and William (4/10)
laura1982 View Drop Down
Just Pinned
Just Pinned

Post Options Post Options   Quote laura1982 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jan 2012 at 12:10pm
Thanks so much! The GMD instructions stressed that Charlie's didn't disinfect, which kind of freaked me out. I'm glad it worked for you on its own-- I'll start there and see how it goes!
 Post Reply Post Reply