Forum Home Forum Home - P'interests and Hobbies - Home and Hearth
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: eightcowwife | taowensf | txmom | musicmama | Sarah2106 | umbribyz
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Shop for Home and Hearth books

Visit Motivated Moms for a
printable chore planning system. Have a clean and organized home and still have time for yourself!

Do you have a home contents inventory?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(42)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 128 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you have a home contents inventory?
    Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 11:26am
I have been thinking lately that if something would happen to our house--flood, fire, tornado.  I reallly dont' have any lists of the things we own or pictures of stuff.

If you do did you just use a spreadsheet.  Did you take pictures too.  We have a safetly deposit box that I could keep backs up in. 

Just something I was thinking about.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
Sponsored Links

bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 12:22pm
I haven't ever thought about this. But, I guess I kinda do/will. Once we move I'll have sheets and sheets full of the listings of what's in our house (aka all the boxes).
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 218 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:07pm
I don't but it is a very good idea.  It's been on the back of my mind since last year when the tornado hit our area and people lost their homes...Gosh what do you do when you lose what's in your home??

A safe deposit box is a good idea. I've been thinking of getting another external hard drive (since they get cheaper and cheaper ) and swapping it out with our current external to a safe deposit box regularly...---- after backing up the home computers of course...
Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
diaperpin-jen View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(6)

Perennial Pinner
14 years 218 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote diaperpin-jen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:08pm
At minimum , pictures are a good idea. I probably should document on a spreadsheet too...

good ideas...thanks for bringing this up..
Creator of the Pin and Proud mama of 2!

Check out our new blog - The Corner! iv class
J2 View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Member Rating(11)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 126 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote J2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jan 2012 at 1:34pm
something that i always mean to do, but never do. i like all your ideas too.

thanks for the reminder.   
Jenn

There’s a big difference between Knowledge & Wisdom. Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad.
 Post Reply Post Reply