Forum Home Forum Home - Diaper Discussions - Diaper Chatter
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Posting Policy | Forum Codes | Our Advertisers | Sales & Announcements | Member Groups | P'insane Leaderboard | Contact Admin

Moderator: Sarah2106
Remember to Support our Advertisers!

Diaper Reviews | Cloth diaper calculator | Diaper Articles | Items for Baby and Mom

Members,
Any thread initiated to promote a company or product that has a current incentive for posting in forums is considered a misuse of the forums and will be removed immediately.  Be sure to read our forum posting policy BEFORE posting on our forums.  Take special note of the following rule:

a. It is acceptable to provide information about a business or product in answer to a question, however threads that are initiated primarily to promote a product, business, or outside discussion list will be treated as SPAM.
Points issued: 5

Thank you for your cooperation,
Diaper Pin Mod and Admin Team

:( Sad Day!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
taraleigh1978 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote taraleigh1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: :( Sad Day!
    Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 4:17pm
DS2 has outgrown his medium prefolds (which I have a ton of) and his red edge workhorses.  I really thought I would get them to last longer, but I guess not.  DS2 is going to be 6 months on the 25th and weighs 22 lbs.  I have new GMDs on the way now.

I got some large Sandie's because of the wonderful raves, but I'm just not a fan.  Maybe there is something I'm doing wrong.

I'm bummed. 
Sponsored Links

moonangel12 View Drop Down
P'invaluable
P'invaluable

Member Rating(12)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
6 years 176 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote moonangel12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 5:13pm
I would hold on to them. Some kids will actually "grow" (or is it shrink? Tongue) back into them once they are mobile. Your DS sounds like he's a pretty good size though so he might stay in bigger sizes. I know I was struggling with diapers on my DS just before he turned two. I knew he was a little guy, but was shocked to find that smalls fit him perfectly. ODD wore the same exact size (and snap setting) from around 5 months until she was out of diapers. It was crazy!

Renee
Wife to KJC ~ 6/25/05
SAHM to JJC (ODS) ~ 8/06/07, MEC (ODD) ~ 5/06/09, LGC (YDD) ~ 4/14/11, DAC (YDS) ~ 12/31/12!!
erinchelsea View Drop Down
P'intense
P'intense

Member Rating(37)

Perennial Pinner
6 years 171 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote erinchelsea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 6:45pm
Yep, what Renee said. I had DS in brown edges about that age but then he grew up and slimmed down and was back into the red edge size until he was 2. Crazy!

What are you not loving about the Sandy's? They might be a bit bulky at that age, I liked to put them under fleece or wool pants as a cover because with a cover under regular pants it looked silly.
Erin, happy wife of Jason (7/21/07) and mama to Abram (3/09) and Adrie (6/11)
bree View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Member Rating(41)

Perennial Pinner
4 years 221 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote bree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 7:09pm
I agree w/ keeping them. I'm guessing he'll slim down and fit back in reds again. I got browns for my DS at 1yr and they were a bit big. He could have easily fit into reds. He's been in browns since then and he has no chance in outgrowing them before he potty learns. And like Renee, he's been on the same snap setting on his OS diapers since he was 4mo old. lol

I also tried large Sandy's and just didn't find love for them. They were *so* bulky on my 18mo old (skinny guy) so I can see how they'd seem huge on a 6mo old!
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 51 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 8:05pm
I agree with the others to keep them and he may grow back into them.  I thought for sure when I started CDing that DS woudl be in larges within months.  He was 14 months and chunky and not walking.  Instead he turned 16 months started walking and stayed in mediums for another year and a half.  At 2.5 he is just now into larges.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
yausers_2005 View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote yausers_2005 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jan 2012 at 9:12pm
are they too small in length or width?  if it's the width, maybe you could use them as just a lay-in (no snappi'ing or pinning)
Anna

Mommy to Austin (July '07) and Silas (January '10)! giada
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote taraleigh1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 4:12am
It's the width. I will hold on to them for a while. We PCS in November so I will want to downsize by then. (PCS - we are military and moving from Hawaii to another base).   I had some diaper right larges and they see to be a better fit snappied and I like that they are higher in the back and the front. He is in the 100 th percenticle for height. He is just a big boy. I will hold on to everything and see if he fits back in later on.

The sandies seem to get soaked very quickly and then the wool cover is wet. This doesn't happen with prefolds are the workhorse. I got three sbish fitted and I think I will like them don't love the price.
mamma22boys View Drop Down
P'infamous
P'infamous

Member Rating(40)

P'insane

Perennial Pinner
4 years 51 days

Post Options Post Options   Quote mamma22boys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 8:46am
Originally posted by taraleigh1978 taraleigh1978 wrote:

It's the width. I will hold on to them for a while. We PCS in November so I will want to downsize by then. (PCS - we are military and moving from Hawaii to another base).   I had some diaper right larges and they see to be a better fit snappied and I like that they are higher in the back and the front. He is in the 100 th percenticle for height. He is just a big boy. I will hold on to everything and see if he fits back in later on.

The sandies seem to get soaked very quickly and then the wool cover is wet. This doesn't happen with prefolds are the workhorse. I got three sbish fitted and I think I will like them don't love the price.

Sounds like a good plan.  FWIW my DS2 was/is in the 90/100% was a solid mass of little boy and once he started walking (@ 16months) he slimed down.   He continued to get taller but not wider.
Emily Wife to Jake
Mom to Joseph 2/07 & Jordan 5/09 and 1 little girl Audrey 9/12
Probably NAK-- so please excuse the typos.
melissamomof3girls View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote melissamomof3girls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 10:57am
Maybe your sandys need to be stripped?

But, as far as the prefolds, could you try them trifolded?
Stay-at-Home & Homeschooling Momma to 4 girls and 1 boy
mom4moju View Drop Down
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote mom4moju Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 2:35pm
C is the same size as your DS.  We can trifold the yellow pfs and he doesn't quite soak them between changes.  I haven't done large sandies during the day, but it works really well with a flat or small pf for night.  I still use small sandies during the day, with a small doubler (not a ME brand) but they are getting tight.  I'm anticipating that once he gets really rolling and pulling himself around that he will stop getting so big, so fast. 

If your Sandies are new, they might need another couple washes. 
Christina, wife to Monty (Jul 06), Mom to T (Apr 09) and C (jun 11)
P'invisible
P'invisible

Post Options Post Options   Quote taraleigh1978 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 3:19pm
The sandies are new.  They have been washed about 10 times, but I guess I can run them through some more.  I have some of the GMD doublers coming, so I will try that. 

I don't really trifold anymore.  I have become a wool lover and that really is all I use.  I have a ton of econobums that I need to sell. 

I think I will hold on to everything right now, but I think I'm going to turn my imagine prefolds into cleaning rags.  I was never in love with them after getting the GMD prefolds.  I also got some diaper rite prefolds and I love them also.
gotlucy View Drop Down
P'integral
P'integral

Post Options Post Options   Quote gotlucy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2012 at 5:55pm
ita about kid shapes changing. hopefully you'll find the love when gets older
I'm sure you're coming for me. BOO!! trick, or treat?
 Post Reply Post Reply