Purchased in 1/2012. Used this item for 18 months.
Date Posted: 5/25/2013
1. Works great as a nighttime solution paired with an obf
2. Wait for a sale- they used to have 10-15% off sales regularly which helps with the steeper price tag- now the discounts are harder to come by but still happen.
1. They are delicate- require more TLC (handwashing and lanolizing)
2. There can be 'natural variance' in the sizing between batches.
3. Preorders are often late.
I LOVE these covers. I have not tried other wool covers, and I don't think I every will because I love these so much. So soft, so absorbent, so easy to care for. It took me a little while to figure out how to keep them lanolized properly, but it is actually really easy! After doing the regular lanolin wash process, I simply rub a little solid lanolin onto the cover (both inside and out) every night before I put them on my son for the first week or so. After that, I just reapply a little lanolin once a week or so. I now only have to wash them when they get dirty or just because I feel guilty for not washing them in so long (I've gone 3 months between washes with 4 covers in rotation!).
I love these wool covers. They are soft, absorbent, and come in great colors. Recently they do have a tendency to fall apart for no reason. Many customers including myself have had problems with the wool coming apart at the seams. Also, inconsistencies in sizing are very common. I have had m/l longies that range anywhere from 10-12 inches long.
Purchased at: Sloomb
Do you sell this product? Add the "Review this Product" button to your site.